Thursday, July 28, 2011

INSPIRATION: Written Word.

As I mentioned here, I am a huge fan of books (and related items). I've been lucky enough to discover some of them represented in the fashion world, so here are a few of my discoveries!


Possibly one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, I absolutely adore these book charms. They also come as earrings etc and can be purchased at The Black Spot Books on Etsy. The cheapest one, which is a little book on its on was being sold for 40 US Dollars. Still, adorable.


The necklace above is from a (seemingly) easy tutorial located here. It also seems quite versatile (for example, you could make earrings or different shapes). My only complaint is that you actually have to cut out pages from books. While you could do it a different way (ie. photocopying pages etc), I don't feel it would have the same effect. Of course, I'd suggest to buy some second hand books if you intend to do this.



Book purse by Retro Grandmother @ Etsy. I found this idea really sweet, and I guess you could probably use the left over pages to make the necklace that I previously mentioned. A DIY version + tutorial can be located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment