- An easy way to braid something extra into your hair. Yup, all you have to do is attach the chain through a link or tie on a piece of coloured string etc. All that's left is to slide the bobby pin into your hair and use the string/chain/why you're braiding (ie. you could use it as the third piece of hair in simple braids.
- An easy way to attach a decoration to your hair. This could be as simple as tying a few feathers to a piece of string and attaching it to your bobby pin or making a cute string of beads to attach. If you attach a bobby pin to either end you could manipulate it into a a forehand band or headband of sorts (although probably would have to be purely decoration).
- A quick fix for broken jewellery. So you're out somewhere and somehow, your necklace snaps. Don't just throw it in your purse in disgust. If you have a bobby pin, push it through the links on either end of the chain and ta-da, you can wear your necklace again.
- Making something more fitted. Not the ideal way to do it, but if you need a quick fix to shorten some straps or to ensure a rolled up shirt stays rolled up, a bobby pin may come in handy.
- Cleaning under your fingernails. Okay, this sounds kind of gross, and it isn't something I would do in front of someone. But admit it, you've been out and looked down at your nails and at least one of them will have some hunk of dirt in there. Instead of obsessing about how on earth it got there, because lets face it, we'll never figure it out, take a few seconds next time you go to the bathroom / have some privacy to flick it out with a spare bobby pin.
And, if one side of my face seems funny it's because I had three wisdom teeth removed today.